Aquaponics, Food for a Hungry World

Aquaponics, Food for a Hungry World - I spend a lot of time thinking about this, although I won't be doing anything physical on it until next year. I am not writing this blog for anyone else - just me! I don't mind if no one else reads it at all, but it helps me to keep a record of my progress and my thinking.

But if you do decide to read it, feel free to comment!

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Update

I followed up the rhubarb pesticide question with the website where I found the recipe. This was the emailed response:

I would imagine that a high enough concentration of rhubarb leaf pesticide in a small volume of water could harm fish but in a garden-pond scenario with a small dose that there would be little risk. However, by avoiding spraying the pesticide into the water itself you will avoid any risk to the fish.


ecologica
di Jonathan Radford

So I guess that used with care, it should be OK.

I have received the brochure and a sample from the Keder greenhouse people, CLM. They look like everything I could want, but the prices are high enough to contract the sphincter muscles! I shall have to downsize my expectations – or possibly live in one! But they look fabulous. Exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment