Aquaponics, Food for a Hungry World

Aquaponics, Food for a Hungry World - I spend a lot of time thinking about this, although I won't be doing anything physical on it until next year. I am not writing this blog for anyone else - just me! I don't mind if no one else reads it at all, but it helps me to keep a record of my progress and my thinking.

But if you do decide to read it, feel free to comment!

Saturday 28 May 2011

Garlic Spray

I looked at my one tomato plant in my greenhouse today, and was surprised and annoyed to see signs of blight - so early in the season, and after so little rain. So I decided to try mixing a garlic spray. I used most of the very small garlic cloves from last year's harvest, mashed them with a pestle and mortar, and followed the instructions - halving the quantities. I still have over 2 litres of the stuff left, and the recipe says it must be used fresh! Also my house stinks of garlic!

Whether it will deal with the blight or not remains to be seen!

16th June: It Works! After removing a couple of slightly blighted leaves and spraying with the garlic, there have been no further signs of blight! Next question - can the liquid be frozen and keep its fungicidal properties?

No comments:

Post a Comment